PhysednHealth Privacy and Security Policy
(August 20, 2018)
PhysednHealth is committed to respecting the privacy rights of its users especially that of the children. The following policy describes how we collect, protect and use the information we receive from our users. We do not accept data from children except as provided below.
What is our compliance profile?
We comply with the following policies and Acts:
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) – AWS US East-West
- COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act )
- The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) – AWS US East-West
- National Institutes of Standards & Technology (NIST) 800
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) – – AWS US East-West
- 508 Accessibility Standards
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site featured. When registering, we may ask you for your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, home address, zip/postal code, daytime and/or mobile phone number, preferred language, certain biometric data such as height, weight, physical condition, etc., as well as to create a username and password. You will also be asked to opt-in to our e-mailing list.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We also receive and store click-stream data and other information about visits to our websites that may be combined with personal information you have provided. This information is used to analyze and improve the website experience and to customize better visits to the site to match your preferences.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To learn about site visitors and customers and to tailor specific features, promotions, or other notifications to you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send postal mailings about products, offers, and news that we think might be of interest. If you are not interested in receiving this information, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below.
If you have opted-in to receive PhysednHealth e-mail, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive PhysednHealth e-mail, please follow the instructions in any e-mail or refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive PhysednHealth e-mail, you will not receive these e-mails.
How do we protect users’ information?
- We use bank-level security and encryption. We meet HIPAA security standards for all interactions subject to HIPAA security regulations.
- We use a variety of technologies and procedures to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- PhysednHealth also maintains standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your personal information to our employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your personal information.
- PhysednHealth is a Business Associate of health under the federal health care privacy and security law known as HIPAA. Your personal information will be stored securely. Full access to the Apps is enabled only by usernames and passwords. You are fully and solely responsible for all use of the Apps using your username and password. We reserve the right to revoke or deactivate your username and password at any time.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on this site. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies?”
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient — like the features mentioned above — and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still access most of the features on PhysednHealth’s sites.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Do we transfer information?
Your data may be transferred to web site hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, that we don’t consider to be ‘outside parties,’ conducting PhysednHealth business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when the release is necessary to comply with the law or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregate form may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
After you have opted-in to PhysednHealth e-mail contact policy, you may modify your e-mail subscriptions or completely opt-out of receiving PhysednHealth e-mail by letting us know by modifying your preferences in the “View or Change my Profile” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may still receive any mailings that are already in production.
Changes to our policy
Online policy only
A special note to parents:
We realize that many children will visit our site, and we, therefore, encourage children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including ours. We encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission.
Additional safeguards for Children’s privacy
- When a child’s submission of information indicates that he/she is under the age of 13, our system will reject the submission. It is our policy not to make a child’s participation in any site activity contingent on that child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
- When a child who is not registered attempts to enter a promotion or use certain other features of the site for which he or she is eligible and for which personal information is required, we will seek information about the child’s age and some of the information required to register.
- If a child requests that we use his or her online contact information to respond more than once to a specific request, we will not use this information for any other purpose without verifiable consent. Parents have the right to refuse to allow us to contact their child further and to require us to delete the information that we have already collected. To do so, they must give us their feedback.
If we collect the name, e-mail address, and other online contact information from a child, to protect the safety of that child when participating in activities on the site, we will not re-contact that child or disclose that child’s information on our site for any other purpose without verifiable consent. Parents have the right to require us to delete the information that we have already collected. To do so, they must give us their feedback.
How can parents review their child’s personal information and prevent its use or disclosure?
When personal information about their child is stored and used by PhysednHealth, a parent or guardian may submit a signed written request to review or modify the information about their child, a request that we stop any additional use of the information or a request that we delete the information. Before disclosing information about a child, we may request that the parent provide reasonable information about the child for identification purposes, such as the child’s name, address, phone number, parent’s credit card number, or other information.